Thursday, May 18, 2006

First Blog...

First Blog...

Its been months now that I have wondering whether owning a blog is worth the while... I looked at the issue from a variety of angles..

- looking at my needs in terms of Maslow's pyramid - couldn't really figure out which of my needs would my blog satisfy...? got ideas...? do let me know...

- tried to gauge it from a supply demand perspective - din't know i was in for a tedious exercise... its a weird 'market' this - the blog-market if i may... huge supply as well a huge demand... there is a big gap in terms of supply-demand matching though...

- Couldn't avoid bringing in Dr. Porter here - i did think in terms of the positioning ('generic strategy' for purists) of my blog... some thought (to be honest, it baffled me!) and I decided I am going to go against the norm and start out without any strategy (Mr Porter has a name for players like me too - he likes to call them 'stuck in the middle' players!) - i think i am okkay with that...

- the decisive answer came from one little piece of advice one of my folks always gave me while i was growing up 'try everything you ever thought of doing atleast once in your life'... what the heck... let me try being a blogger - lets see how it goes...!

so there i was - knocking at the door of blogworld - i knew it was an open door - but i just thought i should show my respect to the world i have come to admire over the last year or so! now then - how does one go about setting up a shop here...? it wasn't easy - i am used to thinking in terms of 'usernames' but here i needed to think of a title, a url name, and a username ofcourse... that took some effort... its no child'd play as they say...

so much so for thinking and thinking aloud...

and all of you who end up at this blog, (i dunno how - tips on getting people to read your blog, anyone?), please help me gain some 'readership' - i will treat you to a cookie when we meet - promise!

No comments: